Benefits of Studying in Singapore
For years altogether, UK; USA; Australia etc have remained prime destinations for those students who wished to study abroad. However, with the changing times, students have started exploring other destinations as well which have the potential of providing educational experiences at par with those offered by conventional favorites. One such destination is Singapore. Singapore is fast emerging as country which is creating its own space amongst the aspirants of higher education from overseas location. Especially for Indian students, Singapore presents itself as a lucrative option given the proximity of the country to India, not just geographically but also culturally.
There are plethora of benefits of studying in Singapore. Given below are just few of them:
- Affordable Education– Many of us wish to move overseas for our higher studies. However, the high cost of education in foreign locations often acts as a deterrent to our plans. But Singapore is soon emerging as a viable alternative for world class education at an affordable cost. The tuition fees of the universities and colleges and the cost of living in Singapore is far less than that of Australia, UK or USA.
- High Quality Educational Institutes– Just because the cost of studying in Singapore’s universities and colleges is less, does not in any way mean that the institutes compromise on the quality of education being imparted to students. In fact, Singapore has some of the best educational institutes in the Asia- Pacific region. The education system of Singapore offers as much scope and innovation as of any other developed nation.
- International Exposure– Singapore hosts students from more than 30 countries, which means that students moving to Singapore for their higher studies will get a chance to acquaint themselves with cultures and ideas of different nationalities.
- Job Opportunities– Singapore has established itself as a hub of global economic activity. Many reputed organizations from around the world are setting up their campuses in Singapore. As per one estimate, Singapore has about 26.000 international corporations. Economic activity at such a large scale means that there is no dearth of job opportunities in the country for the graduates.
- Safety– As far as the safety of international students is concerned, Singapore has a policy of non-tolerance towards ragging and other kinds of physical and mental abuse, both on the campus and off it. Also, the people of Singapore have a very warm and welcoming attitude towards people from other countries.
Looking at these benefits, it is not at all surprising that many students have kept Singapore at high ranks in their preference list!