International 'Early Bird' Scholarships
Western Sydney International is offering ‘early bird’ scholarship awards to new applicants applying to study in Quarter One (January intake) or autumn session (February intake) 2017.
New international students commencing an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework program at Western Sydney University in Quarter One (January) session or autumn (February) session 2017.
Open only to first-time applicants who have submitted an application from 15 November 2016 and accept their offer by 4 January 2017. This must be the first time applicants have applied to study at Western Sydney University for study in 2017.
Any CRICOS registered undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degrees. Higher degree research degrees (eg. PhD) are excluded.
- $5,000 contribution towards tuition fees. The amount will be credited towards your second semester tuition fees.
- The scholarship is a tuition fee waiver and does not cover costs associated with living expenses, accommodation, transport, overseas student health cover or other costs associated with study.
- Scholarships will be open to eligible applicants who submit an application from 15 November 2016 and accept their offer (with all conditions met if applicable) by 4 January 2017.
- Applicants who successfully receive an offer will automatically be considered for a scholarship. Applicants do not need to submit a separate scholarship application form.
- Selection will be based on the first 100 applicants who accept their offer by the deadline 4 January 2017.
- To accept their course and scholarship offer, applicants must meet all conditions outlined on their offer letter (if applicable) by the acceptance deadline.
- Applicants who have not met their conditions for their offer by 4 January 2017, will not be eligible for the scholarship.
Applicants must also:
- Be international students with a Higher Education Sector Visa. (Subclass 500).
- Commence a new course of study in Quarter One (January) or autumn session (February intake) 2017.
- Not be seeking to defer their offer to another intake in 2017 or the scholarship offer will be withdrawn.
- not have made an application to study in 2017 (any intake) prior to 15 November 2016
- Not have an existing offer for study in 2017 (any intake).
You are not eligible if you are:
- A citizen of Australia or New Zealand, or hold permanent residency in Australia.
- a current applicant with an existing application submitted prior to 15 November 2016 that is in the process of assessment for study in 2017
- a current applicant with an existing offer of admission for 2017
- A study abroad or an exchange student coming to the University.
- across institutional applicant
- a foundation and diploma student studying at The College
- an applicant applying to study at Sydney City campus
- deferring your offer to another intake
- currently enrolled at Western Sydney University and continuing your current course in 2017
- Awarded another scholarship by the University or another organization that covers the cost of tuition fees to study at Western Sydney University in 2017 (any intake).
How to apply
No application is necessary. You will be automatically considered for a scholarship upon the successful outcome of your course application. If you are successful, your scholarship offer will be outlined in your offer of admission letter.
Early bird period
- Opening date: 15 November 2016
- Closing date: 4 January 2017 (final date for acceptances)
- Scholarships will be awarded to the first 100 successful applicants who accept their course and scholarship offer by 4 January 2017. Accept early to avoid disappointment.
- Acceptances can only be made by applicants who have fulfilled all conditions outlined on their offer letter (if applicable).